Sunday, November 7, 2010

I think I must have...

... been a squirrel in a previous life. 

How else to explain all the stuff I'm finding stashed away so safely that I've forgotten about/couldn't for the life of me find for the last three years?? It's around 8.30pm now as I type this, and I'm taking a break from packing and sorting, to vent my bewilderment at the fact that I'm still finding things to deal with! I just unearthed a bag of socks, scarves and pyjamas that I had brought back from Chicago, and was hunting for sometime ago - and they all need cleaning now before I pack them away again... :p 

Mum was saying to me at breakfast that I had x number of things still at the Pine Grove place that she hopes I will deal with before this upcoming move. I stared at her in wonderment as she described what these things are: a bunch of old Swatch watches, hair accessories, the mini sombrero table decorations from the wedding party, my old and seriously beat up court bag, old notes and books from my LL.B. days... you get the idea. Blimey. HOW could I have left such a breadcrumb trail of possessions in the wake of this and the last relocation? What was I subconsciously hoping that they would lead me back to??

When we moved back from Chicago three years ago, we had a total of 14 boxes that were shipped back here. I'm waiting to see how many I end up with tomorrow. I can remember airily saying to the nice customer service person at Allied Pickfords "oh I don't think we'll have a lot to move, as we're renting our place fully furnished and we won't be moving electrical appliances either..."  May have to eat my words tomorrow.

I'm looking at the CD shelves now, and I think I may do another cull. Come ON, Ling - they're all mostly in your iTunes library and they'll DEGRADE in a few years anyway...



No comments:

Post a Comment