Sunday, November 7, 2010

And so it begins...

So. I've finally entered the blogosphere :) I've had a few nudges from a few of you to do this, especially since I'll be relocating to the land of windmills and tulips very soon; embarking upon another stage in this life of mine. Incredibly mixed emotions have been coursing through me of late: initial exhilaration at securing the new job and the reality of starting a new life in Europe, gratitude for all the support and encouragement from my family and so many dear friends, sadness at the thought of not exactly knowing when and where I'll be seeing them again, and debilitating frustration at the sight of ALL THE THINGS currently crowding my living room that the good people from Allied Pickfords are going to come to pack and cart off on Monday... 




This snap shows just a fraction of the worldly possessions I've been marshalling for the move over the last week. I have 106 books, camping and sports gear, a guitar, our Capitalist Piggy bank, plush toys (ok something unexpected for those of you who think you know me) including Valter and Vilma, our Swedish Christmas gnomes...


Sigh.


I hope to be in a better frame of mind after next Monday, please God :p  I've been listening to Linkin Park's new album "A Thousand Suns" over and over again for the last few weeks, and one track has been hitting home hard - "Waiting for the End". OK sounds morbid, but I can really relate to it, and in any case it's a mind-blowing song. Fabulous video as well.


OK enough with being maudlin. Back to why I'm starting this blog - I just want to start recording my experiences and the images I capture for myself, so I don't ever forget how this journey of mine progresses. Why the title of the blog? Some of you may know that I'm a sucker for these two bits of accoutrement, especially when I'm travelling. Oh and in cold weather I like to wear mod caps too... :) See snap below, courtesy of S when we were travelling in Tianjin recently :)






Will be back with more posts, hurrying off to breakfast with parents now... !



1 comment:

  1. Interesting article, I love messenger bags and I love leather, like the Italian one, I recently purchased a leather messenger bag on www.commergo.com/en/leather-men-s-bags once arrived, I understood why the Italians they are famous for their leather, wonderful bag!

    ReplyDelete